TOP TELEMARKETING TIPS FOR SUCCESS
Is telemarketing magic? No, it’s a skill that needs time, experience, planning and perseverance. But like any activity, if you follow the rules, you’ll succeed. In this article we’ll share some key secrets that we’ve learnt over the years to achieve telemarketing success.
Below you’ll find an extract of the Top Tips article but you can download the full article as a PDF here.
#1 – Planning. The holy grail.
Planning – it’s obvious. But often forgotten or bypassed in the excitement of ‘getting to it’. But before you start your telemarketing campaign, if you want to achieve success at the end, make certain you plan your approach by looking at these key steps:
- Campaign objective. What is a successful outcome for the call and the campaign? Sounds obvious but too many people forget this salient piece of information and steam ahead. Is it to gain contact details? Buying intentions? Opportunities to supply information? All of these are relevant but unless it’s clear at the outset you could end up making contact and missing the point of the call.
- Market sector. Decide which sector or market you want to target, just thinking that you can call ‘any company’ because ‘everyone needs your products’ is pointless. Different sectors need different approaches, so get the sector straight and firmly laid out.
- Sector advantages. Having defined the sector, why is it a good sector to aim at for your business services and products? Is it because there is very little competition? Do you have a major USP (unique selling proposition) or key differentiator? Is the need for your service or product growing fast? Whatever the advantage, make sure you understand what it is and how to convey the benefits.
- Market pressures and changes. Are there disruptors in the target market that you can take advantage of? Such as new legislation or supply issues? Know the pressures and position your services and products as the answer.
“If you want to achieve success at the end, make certain you plan your approach.”
#2 – Who to target?
You’ve defined the market sector and advantages for them to consider your company. But who will be interested in your company? You can identify this through several routes:
- Social media is the fastest and most immediate source of research. Track and search on keywords, hashtags and investigate groups. Identify the problems and issues that are being raised and identify the job roles of those discussing them on social media.
- Source a data list that will work for you. Armed with the job roles identified you can use SIC (Standard Industry Classification) codes as your selection criteria.
- Where the targets work is also key, are they HQ located or in the branch? R&D or front office? And is company size key in this selection process, could it be the number of employees or the company turnover? All of these ensure you don’t waste time and money sourcing lists that are irrelevant.
““Objections are not always unique to your business.”
The tips below are also covered in the full 8 page article
“Top Telemarketing Tips For Success”
You you can download the full article as a PDF here.
#4 – Objection handling
Even if you have the right contact, in the right company with the right responsibility and pain point, they may still raise objections. Make sure you are ready. Objections are not always unique to your business. Commonly they revolve around key factors – here are the top objections: (please
download the full article as a PDF to read the details)
#5 – Get the information
In our first point we said that knowing what a successful outcome would be is crucial. Now that you have got to the point of the call where you can meet your objectives, don’t forget to ask the closing question. Too often we’ve seen people…. (please download the full article as a PDF to read the details)
#6 – Follow Up
The obvious final step. You’ve spent time and effort identifying, calling (possibly multiple times) and had an initial conversation that progressed. When you finish the call make sure you don’t just end it: (please download the full article as a PDF to read the details)
References & where to learn more
We’ve been providing telemarketing services to companies of all sizes and we’ve received numerous endorsements and testimonials of our campaigns and the results achieved, you can read them here: Trifle Testimonials
Telesales Trial – Try our Expert Intelligent Telesales Service for just £175
If you need to really get your telemarketing delivering results and you don’t have the time, inclination or experience to achieve this in house, then we can help. Just call or email and we’ll contact you to discuss how we work, what we can achieve and talk through our no-obligation trial offer:
How Does The Trial Work?
Our Telesales Trial is a no commitment pilot for businesses that want to experience our telesales services with a minimal investment before commencing a campaign with us. The team meets with you at our offices or on a conference call to find out more about your business and the products or services that you want to promote. The trial takes up to 3 hours with two of our tele marketing professionals where we fine-tune your specification, pass any qualified leads to you so that you get to experience first-hand the Trifle Solutions team in action before proceeding.